Cauliflower Curry (Legume Curry)
4 cups water for boiling
2 Cups of Chickpea/Lentils
1 Cup chopped onions
2 tbsps. of liquid oil
1 cup chopped tomatoes
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsps. of Mizizi Curry Powder
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tbsp. turmeric
1 ½ cup coconut milk
½ cup water for cooking
½ cup cilantro
1. Rinse and boil chickpea/lentils on medium heat for about 1hr or until soft. Drain excess water.
2. Heat oil on a sauce pan
3. Add ½ cup onion and cook until caramelized
4. Add garlic and ginger cook for a minute
5. Add your tomatoes, turmeric, Mizizi Curry Powder then stir for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the boiled chickpea/ lentils water and coconut milk to the frying pan and stir to ensure an even mixture then let simmer for about 15 minutes.
7. Add cilantro for garnish then serve with your choice of carbohydrate or on its own.
Serve with Rice, Flat bread or Pita bread or ripe avocado.