Kales and Spinach
2 tbsps. liquid oil
1lb frozen kales
1lb frozen spinach
OR 1 Bunch freshly cut kale and 1 freshly cut spinach
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes or 2tbs tomato paste
2 tbsps. Mixed Spice OR Magic Spice
¼ tsp salt
1. Heat the liquid oil in a frying pan for about 1 minute then add onions and sautee until golden brown.
2. Add your chopped tomatoes and stir until soft then add Mizizi Mixed Spice and keep stirring to ensure a perfect mix.
3. Add your frozen kales and spinach or fresh. Cover and let simmer on medium heat for about 8 minutes or until it’s all thawed or the fresh kales and spinach are shrunk. To avoid overcooking, keep an eye that way it does not turn brown or dark green!
4. At this point, your vegetables are ready to serve. Just give it a good mix before serving.
5. Serve as a side meal, with corn meal (ugali), rice or meat